20.11.12

R. Dawkins - "Why the universe seems so strange"?


Here it is at last :)
Enjoy!
Original version: 

Queer (adjective) – it means that something is not conventional; unusual, strange, extraordinary. In slang it is used as an offense of homosexuals.

You made very queer assumptions about her – it can’t be true.
I found my wallet which I had lost few years ago by a queer accident. 

Probability (noun) – it is used to show the level of possibility (likeness) for something to happen

There is a high probability of a meteor strike next year.
If I were you, I would check the probability of winning this match.
  
Impenetrable (adjective) – something that is impossible to penetrate or to walk through

The skin of Superman is impenetrable.
Saves in banks are impenetrable nowadays.

Solidity (noun) – it is a quality which means that something is hard/solid (unlikely to gas or liquid)

Rocks are in a state of solidity.
I have a great new job with high income – I feel solidity is going to be a part of my life again.
  
Matter (noun) – a substance (universe consists of matter)

Universe is made in 90% out of dark matter.
Matter is all around us.
  
Improbable (adjective) – unlikely to happen

A chance of finding 200zl banknote on the street is improbable.
I wish to go to the moon this week! – It is improbable, dude.

 Expendable (adjective) – able to change/morph

I have to be in 3 places at once tomorrow – I cannot be that expendable.
Haven’t you seen the film “Expendables”? 

1 komentarz:

  1. Good choice of film and well-prepared speech.
    Well-organised, easy to follow with perfect fluency. Congrats!

    OdpowiedzUsuń